It's Super Bowl Sunday.
I wanted the San Francisco 49ers to make it to Super Bowl this years, and sadly they lost to the team I dislike the most...So with that said, this year I could care less about the teams, so I am watching for the commercials. This girl loves a good commercial.
interesting facts about Super Bowl:
- In 1967 during the first Super Bowl, a 30-second television commercial cost $42,000. The same length commercial during the 2011 Super Bowl will cost up to $3 million.
- Tickets to Super Bowl 1 cost between $6 to $12 and this year the cheapest individual ticket was through one popular online broker for $2300.
- 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 14,500 tons of chips are eaten along with the guacamole.
- Super Bowl Sunday ranks among the biggest drinking nights of the year along with New Year's Eve, St. Patrick's Day, and Thanksgiving Eve.
- In past years up to 1.5 million people have called in sick and an additional 4.4 million could be late to work the day after the Super Bowl.
- The Vince Lombardi trophy stands 20-and-three-quarter inches tall, weighs 6.7 pounds and is valued at more than $25,000.
Who are you rooting for? Or are you like me and are strictly watching for the commercials?