I know "love" gets over used on my blog, but I really do love this look on nails.
You can play around with polish shades and different glitters. I saw this trend over at cupcakes and cashmere and had to try it out.
My cousin was a fantastic model for me to practice on, and we loved how it turned out.
Here is what you need...
- Start with your basic manicure.
- Next use a base coat and then apply 1st coat of your favorite polish to all your nails.
- Here is the trick to getting the glitter to stick...
After you apply the 2nd coat of polish to a nail, dab the q-tip in glitter, and tap the glitter onto the nail. Be sure to do ONE nail at at time. Reason for doing one nail at a time is so your polish doesn't dry before the glitter can stick.
Start at the tip and gradually fade glitter to nail bed. You can add a small amount or go crazy and add tons.
Since this was my first attempt I stayed on the safe side and did a minimal amount. However, next time I am going glitter crazy and adding more at the tip :)
- Once you have done above step to every nail you can apply your top coat.
- final step is to let your glitterfied nails dry and enjoy!
fyi... The finished photo went through instagram, so the color looks different than what it does in person.
Polish- essie mint candy apple
Base coat/top coat- essie 3 in 1 glaze
glitter- Martha Stewart glitter