Do you own a kindle? Do you like it? Do you prefer a Kindle or books?
The kindle craze has been going on for a while now and I still don't know if I like them. Maybe it's because I am not a die hard reader, so purchasing a kindle doesn't make sense for me. A huge reason is because I love books. I buy them because the covers catch my interest. I buy them because I dream of being a reader. I buy them because.... really there is no other reason. My excuses are pretty lame, but hey, what can I say.
I prefer to hold a book in my hands. I actually get excited when I see that the pages read are becoming thicker than the pages I have left to read. Does that make sense? Keep in mind I start many books a year and maybe read 2 front to back, so holding a finished book in my hands is kind of exciting for me. To top it all off I of course add the book to my shelf, and proudly see my collection start to grow. Cheesy I am sure.
Reasons not to buy a kindle...
1. I hardly read
2. A kindle doesn't look good on my shelf
3. I can't turn the pages, have cool bookmarks, or bend the page corners
4. They don't have that book smell. Believe it or not I love that old book smell
Reasons to buy a kindle...
1. less bulky
2. no books lying around collecting dust
3. Supposedly they lead you to read more
4. It is 2012 and we are more technological
5. books are cheaper for kindles
6. I can buy my school books on them for cheaper, and will no longer have to break my back carrying around multiple books.
#6 alone makes me want to run out and purchase one now that I think about it.